Today I wanted to write something other than professional blogs. About something, I have noticed over the past few months.
We all sit at our work desks or lie in our beds dreaming about camping trips or imagining digging our feet in the wet beach sand. Enjoying the joy of nature. But in thinking of faraway places we overlook the natural beauty around us.
Just for example – The plants lining the road, a small vein around the window, or even the sunlight have the same magnificence and power of lightning up the human spirit. So, just take a moment to connect and step outside the house, noticing the birds, the sunlight, and all the small things we take for granted in our life.
- Benefits of connecting with nature
So, why should we appreciate the environment in the first place? A recently published study shows that spending only 2 hours in a week outdoors benefits health and well-being. A few examples being:-
- Lifts Mood and decreases the tendency of depression and anxiety.
- Calms the mind and relieves stress by reducing the amount of cortisol.
- Humbles oneself by making us realize there is something a lot bigger and powerful than us.
- Taking a small break and looking at the sky, trees, or birds while performing strenuous mental activity, helps revamp, refocus, and relax the mind.
- Reduces high Bp and risk of heart diseases.
- Being in nature 20 minutes per day decreases the chance of falling sick.
Now we know the benefits of nature. So, let us read a few simple tricks which will help you to connect with the flora and fauna in your hustling and bustling city.
- Tips to appreciate with the Environment
- Go for a walk
- Wake up early
- Put some plants
- Feed and help stray animals
- Adopt a pet
- Spend some time in a park
- Meditate ( Mindfulness plays an important role in appreciating and experiencing our surroundings)
Isn’t taking out time to embrace nature just wonderful? We might not experience the same joy as we would standing on a beach or camping in a forest. But make the best of what is available, right? What do you think? Please drop your thoughts, suggestions, and what you believe I should write next in the comment section below.